Pages

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Bucket List


Life from here on out is going to be like trick skydiving without a parachute. Free falling is inexplicably awesome, as is life. At the end of both is certain death. So I'd best get started on pulling as many awesome stunts in the air as I can before I hit the ground.

A bucket list is a must to set goals for yourself, goals that you need to achieve to complete yourself. I myself am only a fragment of who I want to be when I leave this world, so I should get working. I'm separating this list into "Achieved," "Average," and "Challenging" goals. Some of them may never be reached, because they are lifestyles that contradict one another, but I'll call them "Challenging" because IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING.I will continually update this indefinitely as I reach these goals and add new ones:

Achieved Goals:
-Wear chromed aviators daily :-D
-Go 100mph+ in a car (We hit 132.4mph in the Cadillac on Stanley)
-Drive 100mph+ in a car (My record is 108.6mph in the Scion on Highland)
-Ski A Double-Diamond
-SKi out-of-bounds at a ski resort
-Run on a Track Team
-Win Track races
-Land a 40 foot ski jump
-Break 50mph on skis
-Go backpacking
-Stand on a mountaintop and watch the sunrise
-Become an Eagle Scout
-Obtain High School diploma
-Find at least 1 person I can trust
-Ask someone out (regardless of the outcome)
-Go for a 5 hour walk in the middle of the night
-Own a tuner (goal from the old Need For Speed Underground days)
-Waterski
-Play ice hockey & watch a hockey game
-Make a wish on a shooting star (I saw 78 in two hours in Willets, CA...and made the same wish on all of them)
-Swim at least a mile continually
-Become a half-decent writer
-Have a H.S. crush
-Go to Las Vegas
-Go to New York


Average Goals:
-Meet Glen Plake and have him sign my face (and skis)
-Skydive from at least 15,000 ft.
-Get a Bachelors Degree
-Heli-Ski the Alps & Alaska
-Get married
-Have a family
-Travel to Japan
-Travel to Africa
-Travel to Germany
-Write, sing, produce an album and perform it live
-Learn to play guitar
-Become an advanced drummer
-Meet John Glenn
-Break 100 mph on skis
-Land a 55 foor ski jump
-Do a front flip on skis / do a whole bunch of stunts on skis
-Bungie Jump
-Go to a Tom Petty Concert
-Go to a Mark Knopfler Concert
-Go to a whole lot of concerts
-Do a backflip on dry ground
-Live in New York for a year


Challenging Goals (I can dream):
-Find that 'someone,' who also thinks I am that 'someone'
-Fly a military jet at Mach or higher
-Become a Marine Officer
-Become a Marine Officer Fighter Pilot
-Get a Masters Degree
-Win a gold medal in the Olympics
-Go to all 7 continents
-Fly in Zero G
-Go to space
-Stand on the Moon
-Act in a movie
-Produce &/or edit a movie
-Work for Warren Miller or Teton Gravity
-Work for Apple



Current Mood: Busy
Listening To: "Believe" by The Bravery

No comments: