Pages

Friday, June 20, 2008

This Old Town


You know, through the years, people have always said that Pleasanton is a worthless, boring town. Worthless, certainly not. I am one of the few, I think, that understands the value in suburban America. Most people on this Earth would consider suburban America paradise, let alone Pleasanton.

But I will take you up on the boring part. I am bored as hell. It's only the end of the first week of Summer and I am ready to crack. Maybe that's because of a few other things, but having nothing to do is definitely contributing. I should really just shut up and appreciate the nothingness, because I know I'll wish I had nothing to do come the pile of Calculus, Physics, and Fluid Dynamics papers I'll have in the fall. Still, in the moment, I can barely stand it anymore, let alone another 90 days.

American suburbia is by far one of, if not the best place on Earth to start a family, raise your kids, work full-time, commute. It's a place where yuppies and adrenaline junkies like myself settle down after living hard in their younger years, to find true purpose in life. I'll be there someday, moving back to Pleasanton and wondering why I ever left.

But for now, it's not enough. I am ambitious, there's a hell of a lot more to this life than a single town with semi-aged trees lining the evenly paved streets. There's too much more to experience, and suburbia isn't cutting it anymore. So for now, I'll be a bold, headstrong, maybe even stupid little snot, and say I need to go very far way from this place. There's too much here I want to forget, and too little that I want to experience. Once the painful memories are gone and successes attained, I'll be back, without a doubt. But that's a long way off.

Pleasanton has been good to me, but now I need something more.



Current Mood: Sympathetic
Listening To: "Time To Move On" by Tom Petty

No comments: